The Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda (AMIR) is hosting the International Conference on Responsible and Inclusive Finance. ICRIF is expected to give participants an opportunity to learn about strategies, successes and challenges of the Rwandan Financial Inclusion agenda and also provide a forum for discussions of best practices globally with respect to responsible inclusive finance, with emphasis on client protection and education.
To further the implementation of the international responsible inclusive finance agenda by providing learning opportunities for a range of actors about experiences within and outside of Rwanda.
About the hosting organization
AMIR is the only umbrella body for microfinance institutions that seeks to build a flourishing microfinance sector in Rwanda through different areas of Advocacy and Information Sharing, Research and Development, Responsible and Inclusive Finance, Performance Monitoring and Capacity Building and IT shared services. In partnership with local authorities and several international organizations, AMIR has been very active in supporting its members to advance financial inclusion. With support from the SEEP Network, AMIR has been implementing multi-stakeholder initiatives to promote and further the practice of consumer protection among its members and the microfinance sector at large for the last 4 years.
ICRIF targets all actors that implement activities or have supervisory responsibilities in the financial inclusion area, namely:
- Practitioners /MFIs
- Financial inclusion experts
- Microfinance associations
- Government representatives
- International and local NGOs
- Technical and financial development partners
- Responsible finance standards setting bodies
- The international responsible finance agenda regains momentum through this conference that highlights the importance of linking financial inclusion and consumer protection
- Global efforts in financial inclusion and responsible finance are better known and inspire other (African) countries
- FSPs increase consumer protection practice with a special attention to products and services for newly included clients