AMIR CONSULT PROFILE
AMIR Consult Company limited is an economic arm of the Association of Microfinance institutions in Rwanda (AMIR). It was established in February 2015 and got its registration in 2nd April 2015.
AMIR decided to form AMIR Consult for the purpose of fostering its sustainability and doing business with microfinance sector practitioners through consultancies and technical assistance and also by becoming as one stop center for MFIs and SACCO audit services.
AMIR Consult is owned totally by AMIR and is governed by 5 Board of Directors. There are 2 staff members lead by the Managing Director and 5 working partners with multipurpose competencies needed in the Microfinance sector.
AMIR Consult is working with Microfinance professionals and certified consultants and the aim is to monitor the quality of the work done and that the MFIs or SACCOs are satisfied with the work done.
The vision of AMIR CONSULT is to become an expert firm with maximum market share in the microfinance industry in Rwanda, regionally and internationally therefore generating income to support AMIR’s financial sustainability.
The mission of AMIR CONSULT is to foster professionalism in the financial sector through diversified products and services such as mobile banking, auditing, technical assistance, research, refinancing, strategy and business planning, operational manual development, financial education and other services to the market according to the needs and demand.
Key objectives of AMIR consult
- To become change agent for the growth of microfinance sector in Rwanda by building capacity and to provide innovative services
- To build strategic alliance partnership with competent firms locally regionally and internationally so as to build goodwill in business.
- To be a center of highly quality information, research and development in Rwanda by providing updates information on the MFIs and cooperative performance.
- To increase AMIR’s financial sustainability
AMIR Consult product and services
AMIR Consult is one stop services center for microfinance sector composed of the following shared services:
- IT share platform composed of Core banking system, Hardware and data base, Data Hosting, Network Connectivity and Power supply.
- Internal and External audit
- Legal and credit recovery services
- Microfinance Refinancing Fund
Other services include consulting and technical services
Amir Consult segment niche includes:
- Microfinance institutions and SACCOs
- Microfinance Banks
- Demand side will focus on the actors in the supply chain finance such as producer cooperatives, associations, SMEs enterprises and other form of marketing, transport and service cooperatives.
- VSLAs managed by international and national NGOs
- Microfinance sector reviews and analysis
Microfinance Banks, MFIs and Saccos
- AMIR Consult is good at institutional assessment using micro score.
- AMIR Consult is good at portfolio review, product and market development
- AMIR Consult is good at providing consultancy services in business and strategic planning, and financial projection.
- We are good at developing the working manuals
- In collaboration with expert partners AMIR Consult will be able to provide auditing services and risk management
- AMIR Consult is teaming up with Cooperative Colleges in the region to provide specialized training for the Saccos.
- AMIR Consult have experience in working with Saccos and MFIs therefore will provide all the needed services at affordable price according to Sacco financial capability
Producer and marketing cooperatives
AMIR Consult in the spirit of building strong value chain finance has the following products for Producer and marketing cooperatives:
- Technical assistance and capacity building in business development services and entrepreneurship
- Capacity building Record keeping
- Capacity building in Loan management
- Financial education
- Business plan development and linking the cooperatives to the financial institutions
- Cooperative management and leadership
- Capacity building Cooperative communication and emotional intelligence
- Doing market intelligence for the cooperatives
VSLAs managed by international and national NGOs
- AMIR Consult provides entrepreneurship training to VSLAs through the community facilitators in partnership with the best BDS provider available in the market.
- AMIR Consult connects the VSLAs to formal financial services including connecting them to e-banking services.
- VSLAs get financial education training using AMIR’s financial educational programs.
Microfinance sector reviews and analysis
AMIR consult being main actor in the sector has skills and competencies of analyzing issues facing the microfinance sector in Rwanda.
We have participated in various studies and the recent one is the research done on causes of high non performing loans in Microfinance and Saccos.
AMIR CONSULT PARTNERSHIPS
AMIR Consult have partnered with various organizations and persons that have the prominent skills and competencies needed in the financial sector within and outside the country including partners who’s passion is to support the growth of microfinance sector.
These are the following:
Area of focus
|SBFIC||Technical and financial support|
|Access to Finance Rwanda ( AFR)||Capacity building and a funder|
|UNCDF||Capacity building and a Funder|
|Business Continuity Plan Company ltd.||Risk assessment, business planning and financial management|
|Ross Nathan, CEO Vision finance Company||Leader’s mentorship program for the Board and Senior Managers|
|ISUCCEED International||MFI’s business process re- engineering and systems.|
|ATIKUS||Microinsurance and computerized loan processing system for MFIs and SACCOs|
|Finance International Center||Capacity Building in accounting and Finance for Microfinance Institutions and SACCOs|
|Other partnerships||Consortium of individual consultants|