AMIR Project Business & Operations Consultant
Job Description – AMIR Project Business & Operations Consultant
Automation of Non U-SACCOs and MFIs: AMIR IT Shared Platform for MFIs and Non U-SACCOs
Location : Kigali
Effective Date : 15th of June 2017
Reporting to : AMIR Executive Director
I. About the Project
The Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda (AMIR) with support from Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning and in collaboration with Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) and Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC), partnered to develop a shared IT platform, to support the automation of the MFIs and non U-SACCOs. Through this intervention AFR will fund the acquisition of required IT infrastructure for the shared data center and fund the users training program.
The platform will facilitate the integration with the national e-payment ecosystem for channels such as Mobile Money Services, mobile banking, POS, cards, etc. which will ease usage of formal financial services by low income people; hence increasing financial inclusion in the country.
In this regard, AMIR is looking for a Project Business & Operations Consultant who will support in fast-tracking the implementation of the project and support in the project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and oversee the tea SACCOs computerization, capacity building and e-payment channels implementation.
II. Job Summary
The primary responsibility of the Project Business & Operations Consultant is to support the effective implementation of the project, according to the implementation plan, and support in delivery of the milestones and performance targets agreed between AMIR and AFR, within the specified time frame and budget, together with AMIR Digital Finance Expert.
This will involve supporting key project processes including the registration and joining of the MFIs and SACCOs to the platform, training of the MFIs and SACCOs staff on the software (core banking and e-payment channels), supervision of the capacity building of the Financial institutions, etc.His/her main responsibility will also include but not limited to relationships management and fundraising to ensure successful implementation of this project.
To be able to achieve the above stated work,it will requireeffective communication, negotiation, reflective learning and coaching and mentoring of SACCO and MFIs, and good understanding of the microfinance sector and AMIR operations and vision. He/ shewill establish and maintain excellent relationships with the MFIs and SACCOs and other partners involved the project.
He/ she will be required to work closely with the AMIR staff and management as well as AFR to provide technical support, advocacy to the project and report on the project implementation.
He/She is required to understand the close relationship and an added value of the AMIR shared IT platform with AMIR strategic plan and goals.
III. Tasks and Responsibilities
- Overall supportto AMIR management in administration of AMIRs IT project about automation of Non U-SACCO and MFIs and implementation of electronic banking systems for Microfinance Instituions in Rwanda:
- Support AMIR in the process of enrolling the registered MFIs and SACCOs including but not limited to contract signing, field visits, etc.
- Support AMIR in the daily operations of the project and shared platform, including MFI/SACCOs’ billing, communication and follow up.
- In collaboration with Digital Finance Expert ensure computerisation of individual SACCOs and MFIs as well as the interfaces with the National e-payment ecosystem.
- Provide support for the implementationof the e-payment channels for SACCOs and MFIs which will include:ATM, POS, cards, , mobile banking, etc
- Support AMIR in the ongoing business operations of AMIRs Shared IT Platform, including contracting, billing, cash flow management/reconciliation and field visits
- Work with AMIR technical partners to support the data cleaning and -validation process prior to the data migration into AMIRs Shared IT Platform.
- Identifying capacity building in terms of IT systems and software usage needs for Non U-SACCOs and MFIs staff and support the implementation of developed programmes to bridge the gaps.
- Support on project communication among the concerned stakeholders ;
- Support the project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learningin accordance withAMIR and AFR’s requirements;
- Supporting Organize meetings, workshops, field visits, etc. that will facilitate the dissemination of the project implementation achievements and challenges
- Support the project documentation and reporting:
- Develop a project work plan with clear activities, outputs/targets and timelines
- Monthly status reports(qualitative and quantitative) showcasing the project’s achievements, challenges and impact over the course of the project’s life;
- Produce quarterly project implementation progress report for different donors of AMIR;
IV. Qualifications: Minimum Requirements
- Rwandan nationality
- Master’s degree in finance and banking, Project Management, business administration or any other related field or Bachelor degree in above related fields with more than 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge in digital finance, microfinance operations and project management.
- Previous experience with software implementation activities.
- Facilitation skills including previous experience designing and delivering training programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent report writing skills in English.
- Fluency (spoken and written) in Kinyarwanda, French and English
- Minimum 5 years of working experience at Senior or middle management level of a financial institution (commercial bank, microfinance bank) or provider of digital payment/financial services (e.g. mobile money operator, payment aggregator or payment switch)
V. Competencies Required
- Team building / Coaching
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent report writing skills
- Adaptability / High interpersonal skills / Facilitating change
- Team spirit
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- High flexibility in adapting to new situations
- Working Experience
Experience working in the micro finance sector in the following fields: business development and implementation of business procedures and project management, with expert knowledge in:
- Rwandan finance sector including microfinance institutions
- Rwandan market for digital financial services and information technology
- Regulatory and legal requirements for the Rwandan financial sector
- Business development and implementation of business procedures
- Designing and delivering of training programs
- Project management
Duration: One year renewable contract upon successful performance
VIII. Application procedures:
Interested and qualified applicants may find the detailed ToR on the following websites:
Hard copies of application together with detailed CVs addressed to the Executive Director of AMIR should be sent to AMIR Head office in KACYIRU –GASABO District .KG 513 St Near Kibaza Cell Office not later than June 5th 2017 at 3.00pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali on 24th May 2017