Call for Expressions of Interest: TERMS OF REFERENCE For AMIR Shared IT Infrastructure for SACCOs/MFIs
Call for Expressions of Interest According to this
TERMS OF REFERENCE
For AMIR Shared IT Infrastructure for SACCOs/MFIs
The Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda (AMIR) is currently establishing itself as a full service IT-provider (AMIR Shared IT Services) to its member institutions. AMIR Shared IT Services shall equip Rwandese Microfinance institutions besides the U-SACCOs, especially those in rural regions, with modern, affordable and secure technological services for the digital processing of operations, electronic financial services for their clients and improved management information systems.
In this regard AMIR through funding of Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is procuring a shared IT infrastructure including network, security, servers, storage and related software, to host the shared core banking software for its members MFI/SACCOs.
The objective of this Terms of References is to identify a long-term partner/supplier and to agree on a framework contract for the supply, delivery, installation, testing & handover and warranty of the IT infrastructure.
It’s in this context that, all qualified IT providers with expertise in this filed operating in Rwanda are invited to submit their technical, organizational and financial proposals.
II. Technical Requirements
For a detailed description of the technical requirements for hardware and software components of the IT infrastructure, please see appendix 1.
III. Organizational Requirements
The IT equipment provider has to cover the following organizational requirements:
- The provider must have an appropriate level of practical experience in Rwanda in the relevant area during the last 5 years and is licensed with RDB to operate in Rwanda in the IT field.
- The provider should provide proof of annual turnover of not less than RWF 200 million for the last year
- The provider is an authorized certified reseller of the manufacturer/maker of the equipment and the software supplied
- The provider offers written proof of minimum 1 year free warranty and hardware replacement for the equipment supplied
- A key contact person has to be specified for AMIR
- The provider has to deliver the IT infrastructure hardware and software components to AMIR head office in kacyiru maximum 45 days after the issuing of the purchasing order.
- The installation time after delivering is maximum 15 days, including testing and handover
- The provider shall handover all documentation for the supplied and installed Infrastructure to AMIR including design and implementation, access credentials, configurations, etc. as well as conduct knowledge transfer to AMIR IT staff, with a minimum of 5 days free training session to AMIR IT staff
IV. Financial Requirements
The provider has to consider the following requirements about pricing and billing:
- All prices have to be in Rwandan Francs (RWF)
- All payments have to be made into an account in Rwanda
- All prices, terms and conditions have to be negotiated between the provider and AMIR.
V. Deliverables for the EOI
The EOI document submitted should be complete and comprehensive with explicit documentary evidence in support of all qualification criteria. The provider shall submit the following as part of their EOI:
- Brief profile of the company or brochure
- A technical description of the offered hardware and software components of the IT infrastructure. This has to be structured according to the technical requirements in abstract II (appendix 1).
- A description of the proposed coverage of the organizational requirements in abstract III.
- The provider has to add a price-list for the offered hardware and software components. This has to be structured according to the technical requirements in abstract I.
- Copy of Trading License issued by RDB
- Original or a certified copy of the Social Security certificate
- Original or a certified copy of the tax clearance certificate
- VAT certificate
- Proof of manufacturer representation (e.g authorized reseller certificate, etc.)
- The provider shall submit at least two Manufacturer Authorization (MAF) documents with a proof of their warranty.
- Work plan and methodology for execution of work
- List of technicians with CV and certificate and project manager with degree/certificate in related field
- At least 3 certificates of completions of similar tender performed.
- Bidder should provide a copy of last year company audited financials of turnover of RWF 200 million.
VI. EOI Submission Dead Line
The closing date for submitting the Expression of Interest (EOI) is 15 th May 2017 at 10 AM. And the opening will be the same day at 10:30 AM.
VII. Address for Submission
EOI must be submitted by mail in as sealed envelope marking “Proposal AMIR Shared IT Infrastructure for SACCOs/MFIs” at the following address:
Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda
KG 513 ST, House no 13, Kacyiru
Below Kacyiru Bus Park, P.O. Box 6526, Near the office of Kibaza cell
All sent information will be handled with confidentiality.
The submission for this EOI does not entail any commitment on the part of AMIR, either financial or otherwise.
AMIR reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the bids or cancel the bids, without assigning any reason, whatsoever.
Further AMIR reserve to invite the bidders for a presentation of their offers.